Dairy Free/Low Fat Spinach Artichoke Dip



Spinach Artichoke Dip has been a favorite in our home for years! Just a few weeks ago my husband was asking me if we would ever have spinach artichoke dip again, I wasn't very optimistic but I told him I would try my hardest to find something similar. I honestly wasn't looking, but found this recipe in my facebook feed and I instantly knew I had to make my own version of it! 

It is SO GOOD! I am still thinking about it and I just had it a few hours ago, it is fat free, high fiber and packed with nutrients. I never thought anything could compare to my cream cheese dish, this exceeded my expectations, try it! 

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons oat bran (couldn't find oat flour, this worked out perfectly!)
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice 
  • 2 cups chopped spinach 
  • 1 can artichoke hearts (I chose marinated) finely chopped 
  • 1/2 cup chopped tamed jalepeno peppers finely chopped 
  • Salt and pepper 



What to do:
  • In a sauce pan, bring almond milk, oat bran, lemon juice, onion and garlic salt to a boil
  • Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring frequently for 5-7 minutes or until it is a spreadable consistency
  • Add chopped spinach, artichokes and jalepenos - stir and continue to heat for 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted
  • If you love jalapeno's the way I do, add a few fork fulls of whole, non chopped tamed jalapenos and stir
  • Let cool
  • Serve warm or cold with tortilla or pita chips
After I added my extra Jalapenos
I ate with multigrain scoops, yum!



Paired with this delcious, hearty salad for a complete dinner!


Enjoy!!

XOXOXO




Comments

Popular Posts