Spinach, Jalepeno & Artichoke Dip - Vegan!



Alright, I have a previous/separate post for this recipe that you can find by clicking here that was based a lot on the Forks Over Knives version of the recipe you can find here. My only problem with that recipe was 1. I didn't measure my vegetables very well, and it didn't make enough dip! This dip is so tasty and such a huge hit in our home - I created this recipe to go much further.

I honestly did not think a dairy free chip dip that is PACKED with fiber could taste so delicious! Try this for any party, lunch or just a night at home. You will not be disappointed! I did add a bit more spice to this one - if you aren't a fan of tamed jalepenos or just jalepenos themselves I will include instructions to opt for a less spicy version. I can't handle tons of heat but I love the jalepeno flavor! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk 
  • 1/2 cup oat bran or oat flour (I could only find oat bran but I love it and it adds so much fiber!)
  • 2 teaspoons onion salt
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt (if not wanting much sodium - use powder instead and just salt/pepper to taste when dip is complete)
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 4 cups chopped spinach (I practically used an entire 6 oz. bag, with just a few handfulls leftover)
  • 7.5 oz. (about 1 cup chopped) marinated artichoke hearts - chopped (If not using jalepenos, I would double this!)
  • 3/4 cup tamed jalepenos - chopped (optional)
  • 1/4 cup jalepenos - whole (adds great texture!)(optional)
  • 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes (optional - to taste)
What you do:
  • In a medium saucepan, combine almond milk, oat bran, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper flakes and lemon juice
  • Mix well and bring to a boil
  • Continuously stirring, reduce heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is a spreadable consistency 

  • Add spinach, artichokes and jalepenos (chopped and whole) fold together
  • Stirring occasionally, continue heating on a medium simmer for 10 minutes - making sure spinach has wilted

  • Serve immediately, or let cool completely and eat whichever way you prefer - we eat ours warmed. 



Serve with tortilla, pita or corn chips! 

XOXOXOX - ENJOY! 

Comments

Popular Posts