Easy Loaded Vegan Fajitas


I have never been a fan of fajitas - to be honest I think it was the meat and the textures, I was very distrusting of meat when I ate it (sorry, not trying to gross anyone out or remind them). The past week I have been craving onion and peppers sauteed - I saw an awesome idea for loaded vegan "quesodillas" and I had this light bulb idea to just combine the two. They were so yummy, filling, tasty and satisfying. I want 10 more still. I figured I would share - my hope for my blog is not to be a "health bible", I really want it to show new vegans or aspiring vegans or even people just wanting to eat a few more plant based meals in their lives how easy and tasty it can be! So expect a lot more recipes like this! 

What you need:

  • 1 medium yellow onion (or whichever type of onion you prefer) sliced into prefered sized slices 
  • 1 can of black beans (1 - 1 1/2 cups if making your own) drained and rinsed
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 red pepper (can use the whole thing if you want a bit more) sliced 
  • 1/2 green pepper (same as above) sliced 
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt (separated 1/2 teaspoon for avocado 1 1/2 for peppers) 
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt 
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 6 wraps/tortillas/shells for fajitas 
  • Salsa to garnish (optional)

What you do:
  • Remove avocados from their shells - put in bowl
  • Add cayenne pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • Mash into a spreadable consistency
  • Set aside
  • Combine black beans and cumin - start heating on low if using stove or set aside and use microwave later
  • In a medium saucepan - combine water, olive oil, onion salt and remaining garlic salt with sliced mushrooms 
  • Cook on medium/high heat until most water has evaporated
  • Add onion and pepper, stirring continuously 
  • Once onions are translucent in color remove from heat
  • Heat black beans if not already heated 
  • Turn a fry fan onto low heat
  • Spread avocado, add beans and cilantro
  • Put on desired amount of peppers and onions

  • Fold tortilla or wrap (I used low carb flax wraps - 5 net carbs! They were amazing!) and continue browning on each side until it is at desired crispness.
  • I smothered mine in fresh salsa and used a knife to eat it.
  • Enjoy!! XOXXOXO 
  • I served with a chopped asian salad kit - enjoy with salad, chips and salsa or fresh fruit! 









Comments

Popular Posts