Simple Breakfast or Lunch


Simple Breakfast or Lunch Idea 

I ate this at 10:30 so we will call it brunch. I just got home from vacation and spent all morning trying to get my floors swept, steamed and vacuumed while my baby was napping - by the time I finally took a breath I was starving and knew I needing something that would be quick to prepare - but healthy and tasty (Almost everything I eat is both healthy and tasty - it's just a huge bonus if it is quick). Here's how you do it:

Ingredients:
  • Bagel - Toasted (I used an everything bagel today - it would taste fine on a normal bagel or a whole wheat bagel)
  • 2 tablespoons vegan mayonaise 
  • 1/2 roma tomato - sliced or diced
  • sprinkles of salt and pepper 
  • a few shakes of pepper flakes (optional, but tasty)
  • Favorite veggie (carrots, broccoli, mini sweet peppers) and hummus (optional)
  • Mixed fresh fruit (I used watermelon, sliced strawberries, grapes and half of a sliced banana)
What you do:
  • Spread mayo on toasted bagel
  • Spread tomato on top of mayo
  • Sprinkle with salt, pepper and pepper flakes
  • Take photographic picture ;)
  • Top with greens
  • Pair with healthy sides
  • Chow down and enjoy! 
XOXXOOXOX

Side Note: I know these types of posts are a little silly for something so simple, but, when I first committed to being vegan, I would have loved to have some simple ideas and meal plans to look at. It is hard to start out and even after being at this for months I am constantly looking for inspiration - so I leave this here to let you know you can do this! There are easy vegan meals and ideas out there and I will continue to do this, if it means just one meatless meal eaten. 

Thank you for looking! 

Comments

  1. I agree that its hard starting out. Especially the quick and easy meals (like breakfast) or snacks. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts