Chunky Crock Pot Tomato Vegetable Stew


I love crock pot dinners, and with fall just around the corner I decided it is time to figure out some vegan crock pot options! I haven't done anything in my crock pot since going vegan, so I decided to jump right in and come up with my own hearty, chunky, veggie filled goodness. It hit the spot! It definitely is not a "soup", I made it so there wouldn't be much broth (my husband isn't a real "soup" person, but he liked this!). Here is what I did.

Ingredients:

  • 2 - 23.2 oz cans tomato soup
  • 1 - 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes (Can do fresh)
  • 1/2 onion - chopped
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1 cup sliced or chopped mushrooms 
  • 3-4 cups chopped potatoes (I did about 3 3/4)
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 3 teaspoons minced garlic (fresh or pre minced)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 2 cups elbow noodles (or whichever noodles you prefer) set aside (you don't add the noodles until the last 1/2 hour of cooking)

What you do:
  • Combine all ingredients except for noodles in crock pot
  • Stir well 
  • Turn on to low heat for 6-7 hours (stirring occasionally if you can)
  • When it is getting close to time to eat 30-40 minutes away, turn heat up to high, add noodles and stir well
  • Continue to stir so it doesn't stick to the edges, when noodles reach preferred texture, turn off crock pot and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts