Oil Free Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas

Just yesterday I got motivated to start experimenting with roasted chickpeas, I tried my own recipe last night for some Easy Dill Roasted Chickpeas which were great, but every recipe I can find calls to 2+ tablespoons of olive oil. I do use some oil in my day to day eating but wherever I can reduce I try to. So, I started thinking of ideas of how I could make yummy, flavor packed roasted chickpeas without the oil! I think I have the perfect recipe here, just enough flavor and no oil. These are completely guilt free! Feel free to sub the onion salt with onion powder if you are trying to watch your sodium! Let me know what you think!






What you need:

  • Cookie sheet lined with tin foil
  • Large tupperware or bowl with lid
  • 1 - 15.5 oz. can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (I use reduced sodium) drained and rinsed 
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried onion
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice 
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Put rinsed/drained chickpeas on foil lined cookie sheet
  • Bake for 20 minutes

  • While chickpeas are roasting - mix chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, onion salt, cayenne pepper, and dried onions in tupperware
  • When chickpeas are done, use a spatula to place in tupperware
  • Shake well - then add lime juice
  • Continue to shake until evenly coated with seasoning
  • Serve immediately (best when warm, pretty good cold though)

Comments

Popular Posts