Quino Tabbouleh - With Tahini Flax Wrap Instructions



Tabbouleh Flax Tahini Wraps - With Pita Chips, Grapes and Hummus.


I have a weird relationship with quinoa, I love red quinoa in my black bean taco mix , but I have had a hard time enjoying it as, I guess you could say, like a rice replacement. I have tried it with stir fry, with yummy teriyaki tofu bowls, by itself, dressed in veggie stock - I have tried them all. I hadn't tried it in cold salads though, and with this delicious tabbouleh, I have fixed my relationship with quinoa. The salad has copious amounts of flavor, multiple textures and hardly any sodium! You cannot get a more flavorful, completely healthy salad! 
We mixed up some lemon tahini sauce and spread them on flax wraps (my husband had white tortillas) then we rolled them up and cut them! We took them to a scenic park and enjoyed them with a picnic. I am seriously loving Mediterranean dishes lately and this one was a huge hit! Next time I make the wraps (this week) I am also going to do a hummus spread as well, and I will probably add some spinach. 


What you need for the Tabbouleh:
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa 
  • 2 medium cucumbers - finely chopped
  • 1/2 red onion - finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic - or 2 - 3 cloves, minced
  • 1 bunch of mint leaves - chopped (about 1 cup chopped, not pressed down)
  • 1 bunch of parsley (curly or Italian) - chopped (about 1 cup chopped, not pressed down)
  • 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds - raw
  • 3 small or 2 big tomatoes - chopped 
  • Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil (optional - could use water or veggie stock in place)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste - I did a few shakes, a few times - it didn't need much!

What you do:
  • Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
  • Stir well - taste - adjust seasoning/add garlic/add lemon
  • Best if refrigerated for 1 hour + before serving

Bowl of Tabbouleh, Pita Chips, Garlic Hummus, White Tortilla Tahini Wraps

For the tahini sauce:
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • Juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tbsp chopped parsley
  • 2-4 tbsp water
What you do:
  • Combine all ingredients in small bowl
  • Whisk until spreadable consistency
  • Add more water as needed
  • Continue to stir

For the Wraps:

  • Tortilla or preferred wrap (how ever many you plan to eat)
  • Tahini Spread
  • Tabbouleh
  • Hummus (optional)


Spread tahini on wrap - if you are using hummus, spread on top of that


Spread a thin layer of Tabbouleh on top, roll tortilla and cut into 3-4 sections




Comments

Popular Posts